THE PEOPLE'S PROBLEM: The current healthcare system does not cover everyone and is unsustainably costly.
DAVID'S SOLUTION: Expand Medicare across all ages and allow Medicare to negotiate with drug companies on prices.
THE U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES IS THE PEOPLE’S HOUSE
- Expanding Medicare across all ages
- Popular program among seniors and doctors
- Places 20% responsibility on individuals
- Hospitals can take care of formerly uninsured patients with minimal risk
- Employers will be relieved of a significant portion of the burden of providing healthcare
- Costs for Medicare now are for the oldest and most ill, prices should decrease when Medicare covers young, healthy people
- Allowing Medicare to negotiate with drug companies on drug prices
- Introduces the free market into healthcare conversation
- Will drive drug costs down for hospitals and patients
- Our healthcare system can be revolutionized with a two line bill:
- Expand Medicare across all ages
- Allow Medicare to negotiate with drug companies on prices
To support David’s platform, CLICK HERE